Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, November 24, 2005

the Big Buddha at Le Shan

November 25, 2005

We hired a van and driver and went out to see the biggest Buddha statue in the world, at Le Shan, which is not too far outside of Chengdu. It took us forever to get there though, because there was a lot of fog and some of the roads were closed for a while. This was the first day we tried the babies in the backpacks (they both loved it!) and we hiked up and down a LOT of stairs! (I don't know how I'd have done it if I'd had A.B. in a front-wrap carrier.)

here we are at the top of the Buddha
here's the view from the bottom - it's really big
see the little guy at eyebrow level behind the guard rail? it's REALLY big

another statue in another part of the park
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: