Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Tulips in bloom at Stone Elephant Lake

March 19, 2006 (Happy birthday, Grandpa!)

We went with a bunch of friends from work to Stone Elepant Lake (near Pujiang, about 86km from Chengdu) to see the amazing tulips in bloom. There was a huge amount of open green space, which is something we seldom see in Chengdu! It was a gorgeous day, nice and warm, and I'm sure you'll be shocked to know that I took a ton of photos! A.B. didn't want me to leave her standing or sitting in front of the tulips, so there aren't as many pics of her as I'd like (and the ones I have all have the stroller in them!) We'll try again next year!

Here she is with her phone
no tulips in this pic... but what a cute kiddo
kisses from mama
almost looks like she's smelling the flowers
(but she's not really close enough to do that)
Here's our friend D... I'll be trying for one like this of A.B. next year!
(this is one of my favorite pics of the day)
gorgeous view
I love the hats the workers are wearing (don't often see those)
rebel!
tons of tulips!
close up

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are some gorgeous flowers! And the Tulips are nice also! LOL As usual you manage to capture the cutest baby in China!! LOL

Love & Hugs
Missy (worn out with EFP!)