Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

funny story and link to help child in need

So, yesterday I worked out with the Marines after work. We had Guard School scheduled anyway, but they were going to PT (Physical Training) beforehand, and needed a fifth person, so they asked me (and how could I say no?)

The workout for the day was punching/kicking bags held by a partner, and grappling. (This I thought was cool, because I have not learned grappling before). We had been outside for about 12.5 seconds when I (and everyone else) started scratching at mosquito bites, so I called home and asked Li Ayi to bring down some bug spray. AB came with her, and after being told that Mama was going to exercise, played on the playground and swingset for some time while we worked out.

When I got home, she came out of the kitchen to greet me. Normally, she woudl say something like "Mama is all done exercising," or "Mama is sweaty." This time, she said, "Mama is all done hitting Uncle Joe!" I love it! (Actually, my sparring partner was not "Uncle Joe" - but they do have the same haircut, I could see how she might get them confused!)

Now for the child in need. Love Without Boundaries is a great charity that raises money for children needing life-saving and life-changing surgeries in China. Click here to read about a baby girl in urgent need of heart surgery, and please donate if you can! There are also other children listed who need surgery - click "how to help" from the home page to see the listing.

Thanks!

No comments: