And here she is...
AngelBaby's first look at "Baby Sister"
holding up the pics for Mama to take a picture
she's so excited! She exclaimed, "I like Baby Sister!!!"
AB studying her sister's photos
a kiss for Mei-mei!
She's enchanted, and so am I! It's so exciting!I read her development report today with my Chinese tutor. She has been in foster care from very early on and seems to really be thriving there. She was rolling over by four months, and crawling at six! She is quite a happy baby and is good at communicating her wants - at this age she will be receptive to learning signs, so AB and I will have fun teaching her some of those! She has quite a varied diet already and five teeth!!! So AB's wish to feed Baby Sister Cheerios when we first meet will be realized!
I'm expecting her transition into our family might be difficult for her since she has been in foster care. Sometimes they move the babies out of foster care for a couple of days or weeks before meeting the adoptive family. I don't know if that typically helps the transition to new family or just counts as another trauma for the little one... She seems like such a happy baby that I hope she will have a smooth transition. I think having a big sister may help a lot - I am so excited that she is already at a "fun age" from a big sister's standpoint!
I can't wait to go get her!!!! Yippee!!! I'm a mama again!





8 comments:
Let me be the first to send congrats!!! What a wonderful occasion - one year to referral - expedited sure - but super duper ramped up referral !!! She is so cute - I can't wait to hear more (as can you)!!! 2 girls from China - what a gift - She looks like a peanut- I hope AB is ready for sisterhood - or more like - sharing mommy!
So do you have a name yet ??? Do tell?
Best wishes for a speedy travel!
love c & k
Oh Monica, I can almost hear her giggle when I look at her precious face!
Terrye in FL
I am so jealous. I had no idea you guys were waiting. How wonderful. How long did you submit paperwork after your first adoption? I wasn't even allowed to start for a year and then I couldn't. Congrats!!
Beverly
Monica, she is absolutely adorable!! It will be such fun to visit your blog and see two beautiful faces. Can that grin be any sweeter. I can't believe you are almost at an end to you China stay. Sure doesn't seem that long ago that we were waiting the first time!
Both are your girls are just adorable, congrats!!!!
She is just adorable.. how exciting! I am sure AB is ver the moon... congrats my friend.. I know you were wanting this day.. and here it is! Happiness always!
Missy
CONGRATUATIONS!!!! She is so gorgeous. I love the photos of AB checking out her new baby sister. I have similar photos of Emily and her mei-mei. I am so thrilled for you and can't wait to continue following your journey!!!
All our best and lots of hugs,
Michele, Emily and Alyssa
www.ourjourneytoalyssa.blogspot.com
www.everydayadventuresofemilyandalyssa.blogspot.com
Ha! Maybe we should NOT be in GZ together - I may just try to pu BOTH girls in my suitcase... LOL I am so happy thinking I will get to see you with BOTH girls! How exciting... and with such two beauties! Yea YOU!
Missy
Mom to EFP & Soon EBB
12 sleeps!
Post a Comment