Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

funny AB story

Today was mail day, and I got the NEW Green Bunny in the mail that I won on eBay for a ridiculous price. AB's most favorite toy is Green Bunny, and it has been through the wash so many times that the feet are falling off, there seems to be almost no stuffing left in it, and it's now more gray than green and white.

I came home with the bunny, and AB immediately wanted to see what I had. She was delighted to see New Green Bunny, and got the tattered one and said "same!" She wanted to see the pictures on the computer from when she first got Green Bunny (at 16 months old, in April 2006). Back then, her hair was very short and sparse, and everyone (Ayi, AB, and I) all commented on how little hair she had. Ayi asked me to show her the pics from when AB first came home, when she was almost completely bald. We said to AB, "when you first came home, you had no hair, and no teeth!" AB looked at the photos and said, "I had ears!"

I'm sure it was funnier in person (and in Chinese) than I am able to write it here... but it was soooo funny. Ayi and I laughed for about 10 minutes.

2 comments:

RamblingMother said...

LOL! I like her response. Made me chuckle.

Beverly

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I check in on your blog periodically to see what you two are up to. I wondered if you could email me privately some time since I can't find an email or name for you. I teach middle school in Michigan and for some time now have felt very drawn to moving to China and teaching there once I can retire here. My son was a special needs child from China although cleft lip/palate seem so minor here and he turns six in a couple of weeks. I am LID for #2 as of 11-14-06. Was curious as to your thoughts on U.S. citizens coming over to teach.

Thanks,
Gloria Ladley
gladley@prodigy.net